AimTTi LDH400P Electronic DC Load, 500V, 16A, 400W with analogue and digital control, USB, RS232, LAN (LXI) and GPIB
COMING NOVEMBER 2017
- Versatile solution for direct testing of dc power sources and PFCs
- Constant current, resistance, conductance and power modes
- Wide voltage and current range, 10 to 500V and 0 to 16A
- 400 watts continuous dissipation at 28°C (360W at 40°C)
- High resolution and accuracy for level setting
- Built-in transient generator with variable slew
- Current monitor output for waveform viewing
- Variable drop-out voltage for battery testing
- High resolution backlit graphic LCD with soft key control
- Analogue remote control of levels and TTL control of on/off and transient switching
- Front and rear input terminals
- Load inputs rated to CAT II (300V)
- Full bus control via USB, RS232, GPIB and LXI compliant LAN interfaces
The LDH400P load inputs are rated to CAT II (300V), this allows the direct testing of PFCs and mains connected power supplies to be simplified using the LDH400P by eliminating the need for an isola on transformer, saving bench space and cost.
The LDH400P provides four different operating modes: constant current, constant power, constant resistance and constant conductance.
CONSTANT CURRENT MODE
Used for load testing of normal voltage source power supplies and for constant current discharge testing of batteries.
This mode provides rapid measurement of power source regulation (V/I characteristics).
CONSTANT RESISTANCE MODE
Simulates a standard resistive load by providing a current drain proportional to voltage. Settings are displayed in Ohms or milli-Ohms.
Unlike fixed resistors or rheostats, the load provides a precisely controllable resistance with high power dissipa on and high temperature stability over a wide value range.
CONSTANT POWER MODE
Simulates a load whose power con- sump on is independent of the ap- plied voltage.
This is true of many types of equipment that incorporate switch-mode regulators.
This mode may be particularly suitable for testing power sources of portable devices such as Lithium-ion batteries.
CONSTANT CONDUCTANCE MODE
As well as showing settings in amps per volt, this mode provides be er resolution when setting very low equivalent resistance values.