AimTTi I-prober 520 positional current iprobe
AimTTi I-prober 520 positional current probe, PCB track Touch & Measure
Unique technology enabling current measurement in PCB tracks
Bandwidth of DC to 5MHz, dynamic range of 10mA to 20A pk-pk
Useable with any normal oscilloscope, safety rated to 300V Cat II
Investigates waveforms in any conductor including ground planes
A technology breakthrough
The I-prober 520 achieves something radically new.
It can observe and measure currents in PCB tracks and other conductors where conventional current probes can’t be used. This includes captive wires into components, the legs of integrated circuits, and PCB ground planes.
Conventionally, current can only be measured by either breaking the circuit to insert a shunt resistor, or by surrounding the conductor by a loop of magnetic material as in a standard current probe.
The I-prober 520 enables currents, from dc up to 5MHz, to be observed and measured simply by placing its insulated tip onto the conductor.
- Current measurement from insulated probing of conductor
- Suitable for observation and measurement of current in PCB tracks, component leads and ground planes
- Wide dynamic range of 10mA to 20A peak to peak
- Wide bandwidth of DC to 5MHz
- Low noise figure equivalent to <6mA rms at full bandwidth
- Safety rated to 300V Cat II (600V Cat I)
- Suitable for connection to any oscilloscope
- High accuracy general purpose H-field probe
- Converts to standard ‘closed magnetic circuit’ current probe
- No requirement to break or surround the conductor
- Observe and measure currents in PCB tracks directly
- Minimal disturbance to circuit conditions through very low insertion impedance and stray capacitance
- Useable in confined and difficult to access spaces
- Measures current into surface mount components, IC legs and short component leads
- Can observe currents flowing within ground planes
- Useable on high voltage conductors and in high temperature areas
What's In The Box
- Current probe with fixed cable to control box.
- Control box/calibrator with fixed output cable with BNC plug.
- Clip-on toroid assembly.
- Universal power supply including interchangeable plugs for UK, Europe, USA and Australia.
- Printed Instruction Manual (multi language).
- Laminated card showing calibration graph.
- Fitted case as shown