Elektro Automatik PSB 10500-180 4U 500V 30kW Programmable, Bi-directional DC Source
Elektro Automatik PSB 10500-180 4U Programmable, Bi-directional DC Source with adjustment from: 0-500V , 0-180A , 0-30kW
Elektro Automatik PSB 10000 4U Main Specifications:
- Wide range 342...528 V AC supply for operation on 380 V, 400 V or 480 V grids
- Bidirectional device - power supply and electronic load in one
- Energy recovery with high efficiency
- Power rating: 30 kW per device, expandable up to 1080 kW
- Flexible, power regulated DC<->AC stage
- Various protection circuits (OVP, OCP, OPP, OTP)
- 5"" TFT touch panel with display for values, status and notifications
- Remote sensing with automatic detection
- Galvanically isolated interface (USB, Ethernet, analog)
- Integrated function generator
- Battery test, MPP tracking simulation, PV simulation according to EN 50530
- Optional, digital interface modules
- SCPI and ModBus RTU command set
- LabView VIs and control software for Windows
The new bidirectional power supplies of series EA-PSB 10000 off much power in in a small space: 30 kW in only 4 units of height (4U). Compared to series EA-PSB 9000 3U it saves a space of 2U, or one third, when considering the 30 kW of rated power. It also incorporates two devices in one: a power supply (source) and an electronic load (sink) with energy recovery. Based on these two features the devices offer the functionality of two-quadrants operation as standard. The internal electronic load achieves a high voltage dynamics by discharging the unavoidable capacitance on the DC terminal. For a connected source, the devices are full electronic loads with energy recovery feature, ideal for bigger systems with a total power of up to 1.08 megawatts. In source operation mode the device becomes a flexible, auto-ranging power supply like those of series EA- PSI 9000 3U. It incorporates the advantages of both device types into one and at the same time it eliminates the disadvantages of separate units regarding weight, space requirement, costs and effort to implement them into custom test software.
All models are provided with an active Power Factor Correction (PFC) circuit and are designed for operation on a three-phase supply with typical ratings between 380 V and 480 V AC. During load operation, the de- vice recovers the consumed DC energy and feeds it back into the local power network. This helps saving a lot of energy costs.
One salient feature of these devices is the coalescence of an electronic load, also called sink, and a power supply, also called source, into one unit. It means, the device cannot only arbitrarily operate as sink or source, the switchover between these two operating modes occurs without interruption and time loss. This is also called two-quadrants operation.
The most important feature of these devices is that the AC input while connected to the grid is also used as output for the recovery of the supplied DC energy during load operation, which is converted with an efficiency of up to 95%. This way of energy recovery helps to lower costs and can avoid expensive cooling systems, such as they are required for conventional electronic loads which only convert energy into heat. Principle view.