Peak Electronic Atlas DCA Pro - Advanced Semiconductor Analyser (Model DCA75)
Building on the continued success of Peak's existing component identification and analysis instruments, the DCA Pro brings an array of exciting new features for the hobbyist and professional alike.
The DCA Pro is an advanced new design that features a graphics display, USB communications, PC Software and an enhanced component identification library.
- Automatic component type identification.
- Automatic pinout identification (connect any way round).
- The DCA Pro supports all the components that the popular Peak Atlas DCA55 supports, but adds plenty more. Components supported include:
- Transistors (including Darlingtons), Silicon and Germanium types. Measures gain, Vbe and leakage.
- MOSFETs, enhancement mode and depletion mode types. Measure on-threshold (at 5mA) and approx transconductance (for span of 3mA-5mA).
- JFETs, including normally off SiC types. Measures pinch-off voltage (at 1uA) and approx transconductance (for span of 3mA-5mA).
- IGBTs (insulated gate bipolar transistors). Measures on-threshold (at 5mA).
- Diodes and Diode networks.
- LEDs and bicolour LEDs (2 lead and 3 lead types).
- Zener Diodes with measurement of zener voltage up to 9V at 5mA.
- Voltage regulators (measures regulation voltage, drop-out voltage, quiescent current).
- Triacs and Thyristors that require less than 10mA of gate current and holding current.
Stand-alone or with a PC
The instrument can be used stand-alone or connected to a PC. Either way, the DCA Pro will automatically identify the component type, identify the pinout and also measure a range of component parameters such as transistor gain, leakage, MOSFET and IGBT threshold voltages, pn characteristics and much more.
When connected to a PC using the supplied USB cable, a range of low current curve-tracing functions can be performed. Various graph types are available, with more to follow:
- Bipolar transistor output characteristics, IC vs VCE.
- Bipolar transistor gain characteristics, HFE vs VCE.
- Bipolar transistor gain characteristics, HFE vs IC.
- MOSFET and IGBT output function, ID vs VDS.
- MOSFET and IGBT transfer function, ID vs VGS.
- JFET output function, ID vs VDS.
- JFET transfer function, ID vs VGS.
- Voltage regulator, VOUT vs VIN.
- Voltage regulator, IQ vs VIN.
- PN junction I/V curves, forward and reverse options (for Zener diodes).
Curve tracing is performed using test parameters in the range of +/-12V or +/-12mA. All curve-tracing data can be instantly pasted into Excel© for further graphing and analysis. PC Software is included with the DCA Pro on a Peak USB memory stick. Software designed for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (all 32 or 64 bit).
|Measurable current gain (HFE) range||2||32000||2|
|HFE accuracy (HFE<2000)||±3% ±5 HFE||2,8|
|HFE test voltage (VCEO)||3.0V||9.0V||2|
|HFE collector test current||4.75mA||5.00mA||5.25mA|
|Base current for VBE measurement||4.75mA||5.00mA||5.25mA|
|VBE accuracy||±1% ±0.006V||8|
|VBE for Darlington identification||0.95V||1.00V||1.80V||3|
|VBE for Darlington (shunted types)||0.75V||0.80V||1.80V||4|
|VBE threshold for germanium||0.55V|
|Base-emitter shunt threshold||50kΩ||60kΩ||70kΩ|
|Acceptable collector leakage||1.5mA||6|
|Leakage current accuracy||±2% ±0.02mA|
|Enhancement mode VGS(ON) range||0.0V||10.0V||5|
|Depletion mode VGS(ON) range||-5.0V||0.0V||5|
|VGS(ON) accuracy||±2% ±0.01V||5|
|Drain current at VGS(ON)||4.75mA||5.00mA||5.25mA|
|Drain-Source voltage at VGS(ON)||3.5V||9.0V||5|
|Acceptable gate-source resistance||8kΩ|
|IGBT collector saturation threshold||0.40V||9|
|Pinch-off VGS(OFF) range||-10.0V||2.5V|
|Pinch-off drain-source current||0.5μA||1.0μA||2.0μA|
|Turn-on VGS(ON) range||-9.0V||2.5V|
|Turn-on drain-source test current||4.75mA||5.00mA||5.25mA|
|VGS accuracy||±2% ±0.01V|
|Transconductance (gfs) range||99mA/V|
|gfs test drain current span||3.0mA to 5.0mA|
|gfs accuracy (<20mA/V)||±5% ±2mA/V|
|gfs accuracy (<20mA/V)||±10% ±5mA/V|
|Thyristors and Triacs|
|Gate trigger test current||8.0mA||10.0mA||12.0mA||7|
|Load hold test current||10.0mA||15.0mA|
|Diodes and LEDs|
|Diode forward test current||4.75mA||5.00mA||5.25mA|
|Diode forward voltage accuracy||±1% ±0.006V|
|Acceptable VF for a diode @ 5mA||0.15V|
|VF for LED identification||1.5V||4.0V|
|Zener voltage range at 5mA||1.8V||9.0V|
|Zener voltage range below 5mA||9.0V||12.0V|
|Zener diode test current||0.50mA||5.00mA||5.25mA|
|Input test voltage range (IQ<3.0mA)||1.1V||10.0V|
|Input test voltage range (IQ<5.0mA)||8.0V|
|Quiescent current range (IQ)||0.00mA||5.00mA|
|Quiescent current accuracy||±2% ±0.02mA|
|Dropout voltage range (VDO)||0.0V||3.0V|
|Dropout voltage accuracy||±2% ±0.02V|
|Output voltage accuracy||±1% ±0.006V|
|Load test current||0.13mA||1.25mA|
|Peak test current into S/C||-15.5mA||15.5mA||1|
|Peak test voltage across O/C||-13.5V||13.5V||1|
|Short circuit threshold||5Ω||10Ω||20Ω||1|
|Battery type (x1)||Alkaline AAA, LR03, MN2400|
|Battery voltage range||1.0V||1.5V||1.6V|
|Battery warning threshold||1.0V|
|USB current consumption||500mA pk active. ≤2mA sleep|
|Dimensions (body)||103 x 70 x 20 mm|
|4.1" x 2.8" x 0.8"|
|Operating temperature range||10°C||40°C||10|
1. Between any pair of test clips.
2. Collector current of 5.0mA. Gain accuracy valid for gains less than 2000.
3. Resistance across reverse biased base-emitter > 60kΩ.
4. Resistance across reverse biased base-emitter < 60kΩ.
5. Load current of 5.0mA.
6. Collector-emitter voltage of 10.0V.
7. Thyristor quadrant I, Triac quadrants I and III.
8. BJT with no shunt resistors.
9. Load current typically 10.0mA.
10. Subject to acceptable LCD visibility.